July 14, 2022 (Roanoke, Va.) -Today, Eddy Alexander, an international award-winning marketing and growth strategy agency, launched a new travel and tourism industry podcast.
“Tourism Heads and Their Tales” explores the adaptability, resilience, and business strategies that are moving the business of travel forward.
The series is hosted by Bob Gilbert, General Manager of the Tourism and Destination Marketing Practice at Eddy Alexander. Gilbert has worked in executive marketing roles with global brands such as Disney, Choice Hotels, Yosemite and Shenandoah National Parks, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Center, and Best Western International.
The new podcast launched with three full episodes and the agency plans to release a new episode each week.
The first three podcast episodes, available now on popular platforms including iTunes, Amazon Music, Spotify, and Audible, feature:
- Nan Marchand Beauvois, Senior Vice President at the U.S. Travel Association talks about the role of U.S. Travel Association in supporting local Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs), attractions, and activities, as well as the importance of industry advocacy in these uncertain economic times.
- John Percy, President and Chief Executive Officer of Destination Niagara USA speaks to crisis management, the latest motor coach market trends, and the importance of ongoing partnership and proactive communication with key stakeholders in every community.
- Wendy Kheel, Client Manager for Tourism Economics, shares her views on what data DMO’s must pay closest attention to post-pandemic and the latest research trends and emerging resources being leveraged by the most successful travel industry organizations nationwide.
“The tourism industry is constantly changing, and now at an even faster pace than ever before,” Gilbert said. “There are multiple factors impacting the way travel and tourism is marketed today and it’s been exciting to have the opportunity to gather so many friends, clients, and colleagues that I’ve known for so many years to talk about what’s happening, and how the industry must respond.”
Eddy Alexander’s Tourism and Destination Marketing Practice has gained tremendous national recognition over the last few years and this announcement comes just after Eddy Alexander’s recent receipt of several notable industry recognitions. In 2022 alone, the firm has been recognized with several of the top industry awards that guide their practice, including:
- A Public Relations Society of America Silver Anvil Award of Excellence for “Most Effective Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Campaign” in the country
- A Visit California Poppy first place Award for “Most Effective Public Relations Campaign”
- Finalist recognition for “Best New Destination Brand” in California
- International Internet Advertising Awards for “Best Travel Online Video”
“The firm is really growing, and we are truly humbled by the recent recognition we’ve received and, even more than that, the incredible caliber of talent we’re attracting,” President and Chief Strategy Officer Jennifer Eddy said. “I’ve really loved getting to preview these new podcast episodes and I’m sure the industry will love learning from these incredible leaders as much as I have. I can’t wait to hear what people think!”
About Eddy Alexander
Eddy Alexander is an international award-winning, full-service marketing and growth strategy consultancy that offers strategic planning, marketing, branding, advertising, and public relations services to advance client goals across six strategic practice areas. Eddy Alexander has dedicated client portfolios and specialized staff devoted to emerging technology, healthcare, professional services, economic development, tourism, and higher education.
Eddy Alexander is a privately owned, WBENC-certified, women-owned business known nationally for combining data-driven management consulting practices with comprehensive growth strategy and marketing communications services to deliver measurable, meaningful, and highly effective results for organizations around the globe
Learn more at www.eddyalexander.com